TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST BE LOCATED IN OR NEAR: Chicago, IL or Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX
SQL Server Database Administrator
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for providing guidance and hands-on implementation for customers migrating from SQL Server on a variety of platforms (on-prem, other cloud provider, AWS EC2) to SQL Server on the AWS platform. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Keys to success in this position are initiative, independent thought, and a commitment to teamwork. Our brand is built on excellent customer service, so strong communication skills and a customer focus are vital.
- Provide written and verbal recommendations to vendor supplied solutions including, but not limited to indexing, code modifications, process improvements and logical and physical data structures.
- Provide technical assistance to developers, perform code reviews, identify inefficient code, provide suggestions for rewriting queries to ensure optimal execution
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, performance monitoring and availability of enterprise Production SQL server environments
- Ensure backup and recoverability of all enterprise SQL server databases.
- Work with Data Architect on long term strategy to ensure integrated database systems. Advise on physical data model and implement changes.
- Responsible for capturing various database, server, and application metrics, observing trends that will help longer-term capacity planning and analysis efforts
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to perform SQL Server installations and to configure hardware and software so that it functions optimally with the DBMS. Plan and implement database upgrades as needed.
- Work closely with technical PM’s and other team members to ensure successful project deliveries.
- Lead projects and efforts driven by database systems, such as upgrades, database appliance and consolidation.
- Good understanding of AWS cloud technologies such as RDS, EC2, S3 Storage, EBS Volumes and CloudWatch
- Database administration, design and architecture experience in Windows/SQL server environment
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Document and maintain problem tracking and resolution procedures to ensure proper response to all issues.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5+ years of related experience in SQL Server, including replication, HA and DR techniques
- Strong aptitude for tuning T-SQL
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- Process oriented engineer with strong execution and follow through skills. Self-starter.
- Experience supporting SQL Server editions 2008-2014 in a production environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS, physical hardware, storage systems, networking (including Active Directory)
- Experience with AlwaysOn, clustering, replication, virtualization and high transactional enterprise systems.
- Working experience with SSAS, SSRS desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven self-starter with initiative and ability to not only see the bigger picture but also effectively communicate to IT Management and SME’s in the business
- SQL certification desired
- Experience with other major RDBMS systems such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc is desirable.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role. Please send us your resume by following the link below.